Definitions and Interpretations
‘Our’, ‘We’ and ‘Us’ means The London College of Style.
User applies to any third party accessing The London College of Style website.
Website applies to the website which you are currently using.
Data describes all information that you as a user submit to The London College of Style via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies only to use of The London College of Style website, it does not extend to any websites referenced or linked to within this website including, but not limited to, any links to Social Media websites.
We may collect the following data from you, should you choose to use the forms available on this website to send it to us:
- Data required for course application
- Contact information related to product purchase or contact request
Our Use of Data
The following points are relevant to the storage and collection of Data by The London College of Style:
- The GDPR forms part of the data protection regime in the UK, together with the new Data Protection Act 2018. London College of Style will abide by its rules.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so your data will not be shared with any third parties.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law and the GDPR. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Third Party Websites and Services
The London College of Style may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by users of this Website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on a computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond Users. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
The London College of Style website uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps to analyse data about web page traffic and improve the Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This information is used for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help to provide the User with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the Data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites