Freelance Academic Writers – Fashion & Creative Arts
ROLE: Freelance Academic Writers
START DATE: Immediate
RATES: £ Negotiable, based on experience
REPORTING TO: Director of Education
Based in the heart of London, LCS is a global leader in creative training. We specialise in transformative education, offering personalised courses in Fashion, Makeup, Photography, Interior Design and Personal Styling; and bespoke customer experience training to established brands.
The London College of Style has a global reputation for being one of the world’s learning schools in Fashion and Style with over 1,500 graduates from all over the world advance their career through study and development in personal and fashion styling courses.
Our campus is based in Bloomsbury, Central London but our HQ where you will be principally based is in Windsor Berkshire, although we are also open to some flexible working.
You will be given direction throughout, where our internal team would assist you on the academic learning objectives required as well as feedback and support to achieve your commissioned works.
You will have educational experience in your chosen field, coupled with practical experience to write from a knowledgeable industry-expert standpoint, or have considerable experience in academic writing with researching skills into key course areas.
You can work remotely from home, liaising with the core academic LCS team and will need to submit an example of your writing as part of your application.
We’re looking for Academic Writers in any, (and more) of the following areas:
- Interior Design
- Fashion Merchandising
- Fashion Styling & Makeup
- Trend Forecasting
- Beauty Makeup
- Mindfulness & Wellbeing
- Social Media for Fashion
- Visual Merchandising & Branding
- Business Management for Creatives
- Garment Customisation
- Fashion Jewellery
- Fashion Illustration
- Fashion PR
- Knit & Textile
- Psychology of Style & Fashion
- Accessory & Jewellery
- Fashion Writing & Journalism
- Graphic Design (Beginners)
- Sustainable Fashion
- Written English language skills – ability to write and communicate ideas effectively.
- Research or academic writing skills.
- Experience writing for creative campus or online courses.
- Ability to adapt your tone/style of writing to LCS brand educational materials
- Ability to write content with an understanding of student’s learning objectives in critical areas of learning.
- Significant experience in the fashion and/or creative industries in one of (or additional) the subject areas noted above.
- Extensive, expert knowledge key area of writing.
- Preferable – degree level qualification in your chose field OR established industry profile.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience writing for (or directly in) Learning Management Software (LMS) is a bonus.
Please include an overview of your established subject areas, your rates, CV and a sample of your work.
So, if this sounds like you, email your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , with any supporting documents and a brief explanation as to why you’re suited to the role.
Please note due to the high volume of candidates we will only reply to those successful in their application.
A recognised path for aspiring creatives to kick start their careers
LCS created by industry professionals as a centre of excellence for all things fashion, creative and style
LCS delivered fashion, styling and colour workshops with bespoke materials of extremely high quality to our full line collection boutique employees and management across London and Europe. LCS was very accommodating to our needs delivering successful on-brand training experiences.
With impressive fashion industry leaders at the helm of LCS, we expect great things to come not to mention plenty of Rachel Zoe’s and Philip Bloch’s in the making.
We have had the pleasure of taking on students from LCS for the past few seasons and hopefully many more, supporting us backstage as well as front of house for Fashion Scout Shows. The students were amazing and great to work with, receiving fantastic feedback from our team as well as all our designers.
A Brit School for people who want to be Stylists.