Terms and Conditions
Refunds Fees, enrolment & refunds
- In the event of a student failing to attend the confirmed course or complete the course for any reason other than in the unlikely event that the course is cancelled by The London College of Style, no refunds or deposits of fees fully paid will be made. Entitlement to a later course date will be gained at the discretion of The London College of Style course directors.
- Fees are non-refundable but will be credited against the course fee.
- In the event of a visa refusal, non EU, EEA students, need to present visa refusal documents to LCS course directors for assessment. In the event that the in-correct information has been supplied to visa authorities by the student, or that there is information missing from the student, as requested by the visa authorities, stating this as a reason for refusal, the student will not be entitled to a refund. Entitlement to a later course date will be gained on agreement from The London College of Style course directors.
- If the refusal received is not deemed the fault of the student by The London College of Style Directors, the student will be entitled to a refund of any course fees paid up to the date of refusal. However, in the event of a refusal that is not the responsibility of the student, The London College of Style reserves the right to charge an administration fee, not in excess of £300.
- Non UK/EEA students are required to have adequate health, accident, disability, and hospitalisation insurance to cover themselves during the time of study at LCS. Students recognise and accept that no part of the course fee goes towards payment of such insurance and that LCS has no obligation to provide such insurance.
- The balance of the full course fees should be paid to The London College of Style on the agreed date set out in writing via email to each student. Failure to comply with agreed payments may result in loss of secured course place and all prior payments are non-refundable.
- Upon notification of the commencement date, no variation in the course date will be permitted without full payment of any outstanding balance and at least one month’s written notice being received by The London College of Style, who reserve the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. The applicant may make only one change of course date.
- The College reserves the right to cancel any courses prior to commencement of the course at its discretion is the number of students attending, or other unexpected circumstances might compromise the standard of study experience received. In this instance, the communication of any such cancellation will be given at least two months prior to the commencement of the course without any liability on the part of the College, expect the any course fees already paid will be refunded. All students will also be given the opportunity to attend an alternative course date.
- All fees quoted attract and are including VAT (UK GOVERNMENT TAX) at the current rate of 20%. The London College of Style certificate of VAT registration number is .
- All fees must be received by the College without deduction, therefore any overseas/UK bank charges will automatically be added to the final balance payable. Educational courses are not exempt from VAT, nor can VAT be claimed back by overseas students.
- A student is accepted for enrolment on and subject to the conditions that the student will attend the London College of Style on the commencement date and at the time specified in the confirmation letter, which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with full payment.
- Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act.
- Students will not be accepted on the commencement date unless full payment of fees has been made.
- Course fees, deposits and other payments are non-transferable unless agreed at the discretion of the directors of the College.
Hours, attendance & achievement
- Classes will commence promptly at the published times irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for late comers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed due to late arrival. Late comers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the College’s Directors without prior notice.
- Paying for and/or attending a course fully does not guarantee a Diploma qualification or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfilment of the criteria set out by the various awarding bodies. The decision of the Education Director is final in all cases.
- Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, and planned weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all absence be avoided where possible.
- It is the individual responsibility of all international students to gain their own visas for legal study in this country. We direct all international students to the UKBA for advice and assistance. The College provides all necessary paperwork relating to visa application on full payment of course fees. The College recommends in writing to all international students applying for visas, that full payment be received three months prior to study, to all adequate time for visa processing. The College accepts no financial liability for refunds of fees, for visa refusal with those students who do not make payment of fees according to this time scale.
- Students making arrangements for payment of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that either the fees or proof of payment from their bank, accompanies their application form. We advise students to mark requests to their banks for foreign exchange as ‘Priority’, being of an educational nature.
- It is vitally important that the remitting bank quotes the full name of the attending student on the details of payment. All bank charges must be prepaid in order that The London College of Style receives the amount in full.
- Please refer to clause 3 above for details of the College’s refund policy for students whose visa application has been refused.
- It is regretted that due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras is not permitted at the College. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement and for educational purposes.
- It is not the responsibility of The London College of Style or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason. However, The London College of Style will provide support where mitigating circumstances apply.
- All course contents, their elements and fees are subject to change without any prior notice to students at the discretion of The London College of Style.
- Students are required to have a good understand of the English language to attend courses at LCS as they are all taught in English. We do not permit interpreters into our classes with non-English speaking students, as this causes disruption for other students,, and impacts the creative atmosphere at the college.
- LCS doesn’t have the facility to provide tone deaf translators to offer support in lectures, we do however fully support tone deaf students who wish to provide their own interpreter for lectures. Our professional advice is that they are usually very costly at an hourly rate of £30 plus.
- Students failing to complete their assessments, including after provision of additional assistance, during the term of their course will be charged by the hour for any further teaching/supervision/ assessing. These sessions will be at the convenience of The London College of Style. Check with the Administration department for the current rates.
- If any student behaves improperly during a College day including any form of cheating during an assessment/exam, damages or removes any equipment belonging to the College they will be asked to leave immediately.
- It is expected that all students will behave in a polite manner, be courteous to other students and respectful to all tutors. All students are required to understand that other students require assistance and support. In the event that a student becomes disruptive, the College reserves the right to issue a verbal and written warning. If this does not resolve the matter, the College reserves the right at our discretion to remove the student from the course. In these circumstance, no refund of any course fees paid will be due.